Crisis Point Trauma Care Covid 19 Limitations and Guidelines
Crisis Point Trauma Care has adhered to the Government of Alberta’s general workplace guidance for reopening and continuing operations and is confident we can safely begin teaching courses beginning Sept. 2020. Crisis Point Trauma Care will implement these policies and procedures below for all training courses in order to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of all participants.
- Participants will be reminded that if they do not feel well, have any Covid 19 like symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with Covid 19 like symptoms they should stay home. Participants will be requested to leave without refund if they appear to be ill or do not follow these guidelines.
- Participants that have travelled outside of Canada must have self-quarantined for 14 days and be symptom free prior to attending any courses.
- No food or drink will be served in class. Beverages should be individual personal bottles.
- Maximum class size will be reduced to 8 participants to ensure physical distancing (1 participant per table).
- Participants will be required to wear their own mask while attending courses. Gloves will be required when handling equipment in the skills stations. Gloves, germicidal wipes, and hand sanitizer for the skill stations will be provided. All individuals, participants, and instructors should adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
- Participants will need to be at a skills station one at a time with adequate physical distancing between instructor and participant. All efforts should be made to maintain the interactive nature of the stations within these limits.
- There will be no person-to-person interactions with regards to practicing skills. All skill stations will be single persons using training adjuncts on themselves or on Stop the Bleed training equipment provided.
- All equipment and high touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected according to CDC and/or manufacturer guidelines before and after each training event.