Paramedic/paramedic students, Nurse/nursing students, Doctor/residents etc.
- Identify TECC phases of care: Direct Threat, Indirect Threat and Evacuation
- THREAT principle
- Immediate response trauma care in each phase of care using MARCH algorithm
- How to perform a rapid trauma survey to recognize life-threatening bleeding, airway emergencies and respiration emergencies and the initial steps you can take to care for these patients.
- Explain why it is important to use a tourniquet to control life-threatening bleeding from an arm or leg.
- Demonstrate how to apply a tourniquet to the arm and leg. Self-Aid and Buddy Aid
- Demonstrate how to pack a wound with gauze and apply pressure to control bleeding.
- The use of hemostatic agents in wound packing to promote the formation of blood clots.
- Perform basic and advanced airway management.
- Recognizing and treating penetrating and blunt chest injuries with the use of vented chest seals and needle thoracostomy.
- Recovery position and keeping the patient warm
Two (2) classes can be conducted per day.
Class Length: 4 hrs
Class capacity: 8 Participants
Price per student: $150