There are no prerequisites for this course.
Citizens, school employees/students, church employees, private business, industrial business, government facilities, sports and entertainment venue employees, airport and other transportation employees.
- Immediate response trauma care
- How to perform a rapid trauma survey to recognize life-threatening bleeding and the initial steps you can take to care for bleeding patients
- The actions that you can take to help save a life before professional rescuers arrive.
- Explain why it is important to use a tourniquet to control life-threatening bleeding from an arm or leg.
- Demonstrate how to apply a tourniquet to the arm and leg. Self-Aid and Buddy Aid
- Demonstrate how to pack a wound with gauze and apply pressure to control bleeding.
- Recovery position and keeping the patient warm
Two (2) classes can be conducted per day.
Class Length: 2.0 hrs
Class capacity: 10 Participants
Price per student: $75