Course prerequisite: The applicant must be working as a first responder (volunteer or paid).
Security agencies, first aid responders, firefighters, police officers, peace officers, search and rescue personnel, Canadian Forces Officers, etc.
- Immediate response trauma care
- How to perform a rapid trauma survey to recognize life-threatening bleeding, airway emergencies and respiration emergencies and the initial steps you can take to care for these patients.
- The actions that you can take to help save a life before professional rescuers arrive.
- Explain why it is important to use a tourniquet to control life-threatening bleeding from an arm or leg.
- Demonstrate how to apply a tourniquet to the arm and leg. Self-Aid and Buddy Aid
- Demonstrate how to pack a wound with gauze and apply pressure to control bleeding.
- The use of hemostatic agents to promote the formation of blood clots.
- Perform basic airway manoeuvres
- Recognizing penetrating and blunt chest injuries.
- Explain the need for victims with these injuries to be transported immediately to an appropriate hospital
- Recovery position and keeping the patient warm
Two (2) classes can be conducted per day.
Class Length: 2.5 hrs
Class capacity: 10 Participants
Price per student: $90