ETCC – Basic Train the Trainer
Participants must have taken ETCC-Basic course or basic bleeding control course equivalent.
ETCC – Basic Train the Trainer students must meet one of the following prerequisites:
- Red Cross/ St. John’s Ambulance First Aid Instructors who have successfully completed the bleeding control (BCon) Provider Course
- PHTLS providers who have successfully completed the bleeding control (BCon) Provider Course
- TCCC/TECCC instructors or providers
- Any EMR, EMT, paramedic, RN, PA, or MD who has successfully completed a BCon Provider Course
- Any ATLS instructor or provider who has successfully completed a BCon Provider Course
- Any NAEMT instructor for any other NAEMT continuing education course who has successfully completed a BCon Provider Course
- Review the Stop the Bleed course content –
- Facilitate a positive learning environment
- Use the principles of adult learning to improve learning results
- Deliver training that meets the student’s needs
- Prepare visual aids that are clear, effective and related to the topic
- Prepare to deliver a training session
- Lead a classroom discussion so it meets the desired outcomes for the participants and the intended learning objective
- Identify personal training style, beliefs and opinions
- Show proficiency in the following skills: direct pressure, indirect pressure, digital pressure, tourniquet placement (self aid, buddy aid), wound packing techniques
- Show confidence in teaching these skills to the lay person and help them become confident in using these skills in a stressful environment
One class can be conducted per day.
Class Length: 6.0 hrs
Class capacity: 4-8 Participants
Price per student: $200
Students will receive 1 personal training tourniquet included with course.